1962 Ford M151 Mutt Jeep
Ultra rare uncut early model
Restored. Included Standard Equipment. Exterior No Known Body Work No Visible Dents No Visible Rust this ultra-rare 1962 Ford M151 Mutt Military Jeep. A rare restored example of an UNCUT M151! Most of these models were literally cut in half and destroyed, dumped into the sea. Very rare to see an uncut survivor.
The Truck – Utility, 1/4-Ton, 4×4, M151 (M151) – was the successor to the Korean War M38 and M38A1 jeep Light Utility Vehicles. Commonly referred to as a “jeep” or “quarter-ton”, it was produced from 1959 through 1982 and served in the Vietnam War. The M151 had a monocoque design making it roomier than previous jeep designs, and incorporated an independent suspension with coil springs. It has since been replaced by the larger AM General HMMWV in most utility roles in frontline use. With some M151A2 units still in U.S. military service in 1999, the M151 series achieved a longer run of service than that of the WW2 MB/GPW, M38, and M38A1 series combined.
HISTORY: In 1951 Ford Motor Company was awarded the contract to design a 1/4 ton 4x4 truck to replace the M38 and M38A1 model jeeps. The M151 was developed to specifications and guidance of the U.S. Army’s Ordnance Tank Automotive Command. Design started in 1951 and testing and prototyping lasted through most of the fifties. Although the M151 was developed and initially produced by Ford, production contracts for the M151A2 were later also awarded to Kaiser and AM General Corp, a subsidiary of AMC. Source: Model.
- Rare early Aluminum wheels
- New two part windshield and seal
- Swapped out NDT tires for street tires for smoother ride.
- New seats all around
- Painted and matched tub and dash.
- Floor surfaces were primed, painted, covered with thick rubber mat material for protection.
- Original Gas 4 Cylinder. Electric fuel pump (one of two non OEM parts) and filter. K&N High flow air filter. Carb rebuild and tune by M151 specialist.
- 12 Volt conversion.
- 4 Speed.
- Ultimate 4×4 system.
- New steering bushings, shocks, diff seals, front drive shaft and drive shaft ujoints.
- Gas tank flush and resealed.
- New brakes, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, hoses, steel lines, etc.
- New hardware- mirrors, seat pins, etc.
- Sand blasted engine exterior and engine compartment, primed and painted.
- New hoses, water pump, thermostat, fan belt.
- New gaskets- oil pan, side valve cover, top valve cover.
- Also, points, plugs, condenser, distributor cap, rotor.
- New clutch kit - pressure plate, clutch disc, throwout bearing, pilot bearing and speedo cable
- There are a few chips / imperfections in the paint (See detailed pictures)
- Speedo works but some gauges are not operating due to 12 volt conversion.
Own this vintage M151 Mutt at wholesale. The cost of parts and restoration of these vehicles are increasing daily. They are not making any more and therefore they are becoming more rare by the day. Buy one complete and ensure your investment for the future.
Please contact Robert at:
DISCLAIMER: The information in this ad is provided by the seller and not WarJeeps.com. The prices, terms, and
reliability of the item remains subject to the direct negotiation between the buyer and seller. WarJeeps.com is not responsible for
any damages that may occur during a transaction.
To help prevent internet scams or fraud read Potential Fraud And Internet Scams.
An educated buyer and seller is the best prevention against this threat. Please report any suspicous activity to